New GB Owner

A good place to post & find information on miscellaneous stuff

New GB Owner

Postby Oilgypsy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:18 am

Hello,

Ive just become Grand Banks owner, a 1971 GB 36 Wood boat which is in need of serious TLC, the boat looks fine but has a couple of issues which need addressing, she has been boathouse kept for the last 15 years and stored out of the water for the last six months. Monday is going to be launch day.

The boat was an Estate Sale, unfortunately the previous owner passed away suddenly. Its going to be a sharp learning curve especially as this is my first power boat (ex sticks and rags man). If anyone can give me a few pointers as to what issues I can expect during the launch. I already know the batteries are in poor condition and will be replacing them. The hull seams are open but not excessively, I have two high capacity bilge pumps ready (1x2,000 & 1x3,000 gph) along with the two pumps already on the boat. If there is anyone in the Everett area who can visit and run me through the systems and procedures that would be greatly appreciated.

Any input will be gratefully received

Thanks

Bill
Oilgypsy

Re: New GB Owner

Postby Jastafford » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:37 am

Congratulations. We are just over 1 year in on a 1972 42' which also needs a lot of TLC. Take your time, it will be a long process.
Jastafford

Re: New GB Owner

Postby bill.read » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:08 am

Did you purchase the vessel named "Dauntless"? If so, the photos on line show a boat that was taken care of with no obvious signs of issues. Did the launch go successfully? I own a 36 classic, not wood, but could go through the systems with you at some time in the future. I live on the south end of Whidbey Island.
bill.read
Supporting Member