OYA at Dickerson Harbor

Tell us about the good & bad experiences you've had with suppliers, equipment, and/or services.

OYA at Dickerson Harbor

Postby Tom H » Wed May 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Had two cooked batteries, a slipping winch and a diesel engine that needed attention. Came into OYA and met John Shannahan, the owner of OYA at Dickerson Harbor. He was in the middle of spring commissioning several boats, I had caught him at his busiest time of the year. In spite of that John arranged to have the batteries replaced that day and checked the alternators personally, put me in touch with the local John Deere outlet to get a mechanic for the next day and dropped off my winch for repair at a local mechanics home. Got there Wednesday afternoon and had everything repaired by Saturday at very fair prices. In addition, John dropped me off for a rental car, while we were sightseeing the wind picked up and his staff put extra lines on our boat to secure it better and then, because we could not leave due to the weather, he gave a free nights stay. I can only give OYA and John my thanks and highly recommend him for anything Grand Banks.
Best regards
Tom Hansen
1976 42' GBC #482
"Schatzi"
Tom H
Supporting Member

Postby Tom Overs » Thu May 13, 2010 4:32 am

Tom

That's somebody who understands the meaning of "Service Industry"

Keep him sweet :)

Tom
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member