Interior salon lighting socket help

For Grand Banks, Alaskans, East Bay & Aleutian Yachts

Interior salon lighting socket help

Postby Bruce Decker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the original 12 volt sockets in what I'm guessing was many of the GB models in the 80's? OR, if anyone has upgraded their lighting and has a few of these available I would be willing to take them off your hands thereby helping with the age old boating storage of parts problem...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce Decker
Supporting Member

Postby denogail » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm

This is what I did on Gadabaut. The fixtures in the photos, are low voltage lights, designed to be on a track. The AC transformer that came with these lights, was 12 volts AC. But the light itself, does not care if it is AC or DC at 12 volts. Yes, there was a little engenieering involved, but not hard. Gives off good white light, and if you wish, there are LED bulbs for the same. In 11 years, I have never burned out a bulb.

I did this for all the overhead lights in the salon, and added 2 more in the valance over the port satee, for reading....and the units are on a swivel, meaning that you can direct them to spot light your reading or your dinner.

The stock overhead lights that comes with GB's are....well...crap...for seeing and or reading...

DenO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denogail