!973 GB-42 Project boat for sale, FG hull, 7the FG GB42 buil

Equipment and vessels for sale.

!973 GB-42 Project boat for sale, FG hull, 7the FG GB42 buil

Postby Sleepah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 am

1973 Grand Banks 42 Classic, Twin Ford Lehman 120’s, FiberGlass hull
This is a project boat with excellent bones. 90% of the work to bring her back is cosmetic. She is the seventh FG GB-42 built. The house and decks all need repainting as the existing Awl Grip was not properly applied and is peeling. The original teak decks were removed years ago. She also requires that some of the mahogany window frames be replaced. The interior requires paint and cosmetics. She needs a bottom paint job and is currently badly fowled.

“Spartina” is ideally set up to be a liveaboard on anchor cruiser. The Westerbeke Generator has a 200 amp 12v alternator in addition to producing 110 volts. On anchor in the Bahamas I ran the generator for an hour in the morning and an hour at night which satisfied all our requirements. 12v refrigeration, 12 v freezer, LPG stove with oven, microwave, flat screen TV, 2 electric heads, and hot water.
Tigress Windlass w/ oversized 3/8” all chain rode and 66# Bruce anchor. St Croix Davits, Full Electronics: RayMarine C-80 Map/GPS with depth, Raytheon Radar, 3 VHF’s, 2nd GPS, TriData, wind speed and depth, Wagner Auto Pilot, Synchronizer
I have done the intracoastal from RI to FL 3 times without a breakdown. I have also spent 7 months aboard in the Bahamas with no problems.
Twin Ford Lehman 120’s have been very reliable. Numerous spare parts including a starter motor. Oil change pump.
The Grand Banks 42 is probably the finest most revered trawler ever built. “Spartina” can be brought back to life with some work. This would be an excellent money-making opportunity for someone. Health forces sale.
Boat is located at my dock in Charlotte county, Florida. Asking $37,500. Engines alone are worth $10,000. each used. Call 941 661-0941 , 508 997-3498 or email at KSM427@hotmail.com. I was a frequent poster on this site for many years.
Howard Means
'73 GB 42 CL #362
"SPARTINA"
Punta Gorda, Florida
Sleepah
Supporting Member