priness louise inlet

priness louise inlet

Postby Bob Jack » Sun May 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi all, I'm planning on going from Vancouver BC to Priness Louise Inlet this summer on our GB 42 Europa for the first time. Any suggestions?
Bob Jack

Re: priness louise inlet

Postby 2Bucks » Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Remember the narrows at the entrance and time your arrival properly, during slack. Other than that, enjoy your trip, it's a great place.
2Bucks
Supporting Member

Re: priness louise inlet

Postby JoMeKe » Mon May 21, 2018 10:53 am

Indeed a lovely place. If you are so inclined and it isn't too wet, I would suggest a climb up to the trapper's cabin. There is a beautiful view back down Princess Louisa Inlet from there and the cabin's ruins are right next to a beautiful waterfall. The trail is not always well marked and can be challenging at points, so pay attention to your route. But if you do so, it is not too difficult and a beautiful hike. Also, if your schedule and timing allows, I hear it is worth it to stop by the youth camp at the rapids for an ice cream cone and a good view of the rapids from land. The dock is inside the inlet just north of the rapids. Also be certain to announce your transit on 16 with a "securité" as at slack, there will be boats running both directions, similar to Dodd Narrows. Have a great time. It is one of our favorite spots and the water can be warm enough for swimming if the lion's mane jellyfish aren't running.
Ken Bowles
NW Explorations
Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member