Puget Sound Grand Banks 2017 Rendezvous

Puget Sound Grand Banks 2017 Rendezvous

Postby bill.read » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 am

It’s your LAST chance to Register for the PSGBOA Grand Banks Rendezvous!
Registration closes April 18th

Join your GB friends to celebrate an Endless Summer at this year’s annual rendezvous!

PSGBOA Grand Banks Rendezvous
May 10th – 14th
Roche Harbor Resort and Marina

Register online: https://psgboa.wufoo.com/forms/2017-psg ... istration/
bill.read
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:32 pm

And on that note, I have a client who will be taking his 32 up from Seattle for Rendezvous but going solo this year. He usually likes to get there by Thursday afternoon. His wife has asked if there is anyone who might want a ride up and back so he doesn't make the trip alone and can have some help docking. He's an older gentleman. If anyone is interested, I can connect you.
Ken Bowles
NW Explorations
Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby BobCase » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:17 am

Sorry, can't help with the crew because we're headed there as well...going to get new bottom paint in Anacortes on Monday/Tuesday and then head to Roche....see you there!
BobCase

Postby Don Prior » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 am

Ken

Perhaps your client with the GB 32 could join a convoy from Seattle to Roche Harbor. It is not as good as having someone onboard but at least he would be in good company the entire way.

There will be many GB's from Anacortes leaving on the Wednesday afternoon for Roche Harbor. Although I have never heard of a formal convoy (except from Oak Harbor many years back) I have always been in sight of another GB for the trip to Roche Harbor.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby grich737 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Were headed to Port Townsend on WED night then leaving PT Thursday morning around 530 in the morning, we hope to go straight across as usual. Ken you have my number you could pass it along if he wanted to go across with us, your more than welcome to pass it along. Greg
grich737
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks all. Greg, even with his wife on board, they are uncomfortable taking the outside run, running up Saratoga and Deception instead, staying overnight south of Deception if they need to wait for slack.

If anyone running north at the same time could just keep an eye and ear out for Colin Shannon-Garvey on Slow Dance, I and his wife would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken Bowles

NW Explorations

Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby Gordon Seattle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Ken,

That is the route Janet and I will likely be taking in Raven. Weather cooperating, we're planning on leaving Seattle on Tuesday with an overnight near Deception Pass. On Wednesday, we'll head out on the slack and go through Cattle Pass on our way to Roche. We'll certainly be available to provide any assistance needed or to simply "buddy boat" up to Roche.

Gordon
Gordon Seattle
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 am

Gordon,

Thanks. Colin usually heads up Wednesday, arriving Thursday, so you may be a day ahead of him. But I will confirm.
Ken Bowles

NW Explorations

Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby J.J.Jones » Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Ken
Intruder and the Wadden's Bowhaus will be departing Oak Harbor around 8am Wednesday for slack water at Deception pass, and across Rosario enroute to Roche. I expect we will see Brassbounder and many others along the way.

If anyone is overnighting in Oak Harbor on Tuesday, you are most welcome to join our mini flotilla on Wednesday morning.
JJ Jones
J.J.Jones
Supporting Member

Postby Gordon Seattle » Wed May 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Sounds like it might be a GB armada going through Deception Pass at the slack on Wednesday morning. Raven will be there too. We're planning to overnight at Coronet Bay.
Gordon Seattle
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Wed May 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Brassbounder plans to leave Anacortes at 1100 but will actually leave when the Admiral arrives onboard :-)

The route will be across Rosario Strait, through Thatcher Pass and through Pole Pass to Roche Harbor.

Fair winds

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby Gordon Seattle » Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 pm

JJ,

What routing are you planning once thru Deception Pass?

This will be our first Rendezvous and I'm curious about which routes others have found work out well.

Gordon
Gordon Seattle
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 pm

I would like to thank all those involved in the 2017 GB Rendezvous organization. All participants realize that a party of this magnitude does not just happen. Someone put in many hours of work for this to operate at such a high level. For all those in that hard work category I thank you very much.

I would also like to thank the sponsors that gave their time and financial aid. Where ever possible over the next year I will remember them when I need supplies or service.

It was really a great time and I know I ate too much, drank too much and certainly, talked too much.

I met new GB caretakers and renewed conversations with many of the old timers that I meet every year. Even Hugo had a great time. :lol:

I have already marked my calendar for next year.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa.
Don Prior
Supporting Member