UK Visitors

UK Visitors

Postby Don Prior » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:31 am

Bernie

Don Prior wrote:
e38sailorman

By the way the photo on the left was taken by Tom of Little Ship Fame (above). He came all the way from UK to take that picture of the best GB 42 at the Rendezvous that year. Wink (Well at least it had the best Gin)

Beware Don, Beware!!! Lord and Lady Overs will plying the Puget Sound waters late June to mid July. And Gin, specifically Hendricks, has come up in conversations. Razz

Please let us know your general plans for Tom & Babs this summer.

If I am here I will make an effort to meet you somewhere in the islands.

My boat is now in Anacortes so perhaps that could be a stop on your way to the islands or I could meet you in Sucia or Friday Harbor, etc.

Tom, there is a new gin in the San Juan's. It is call Spy Hop Gin and it is made on San Juan Island less than a mile from the Roche Harbor Marina. It is within walking distance of the Rendezvous. They do have a tasting room and sailors are invited!!

http://www.sanjuanislanddistillery.com/spirits.htm

Hope to see you this summer.

Fair winds.

Don
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby Tom Overs » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Don,

Bernie has promised to look after me...... But I should be able to shake him off for an hour or two to sample the new gin. :roll:

Hope to meet up with you this summer, and any of the other members of the forum if they are around.

Tom.
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Postby Bernie Tresner » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Tom Overs wrote:Bernie has promised to look after me...... But I should be able to shake him off for an hour or two to sample the new gin. :roll:
Tom.

Well, it's a good thing I reinforced the mast and boom. I'll most likely need it go get you back aboard. :twisted:
Bernie Tresner
GB 32-219
Bernie Tresner

Postby kdibnah » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Any chance you will make it up to "real" cruising grounds in Obama's Favourite (other) Country? I would like to educate Their Lordships in the care and feeding of aluminiuminum and besides, I owe Don a beaker of gin.

Did I mention that prawns go really well with gin? Did you know you can dump your poop in the Salish Sea? Can somebody please bring me three cans of blue Trilux with biocide in it?

I forgot to mention I have a hydraulic crane with a whole new skein of Amsteel, so boarding The Anointed Ones shouldn't be an issue.
kdibnah
Supporting Member

Postby Bernie Tresner » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 am

kdibnah wrote:Any chance you will make it up to "real" cruising grounds

You must be speaking of the Broughton islands.

I am planning a meandering trip of the Upper and Lower Puget Sound with about a week or 10 days in the San Juans. I want to anchor is Garrison Bay for a day or two so Tom can see what they lost in the Great Pig War. Sucia and Lopez will be on the list. There won't be time to go further north. We are going to remain firmly flexible as to our itinerary. Victoria or Pender may get on the list. If you are in the area, give us a shout.
Bernie Tresner

GB 32-219
Bernie Tresner

Postby Tom Overs » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:20 am

Bernie Tresner wrote: Well, it's a good thing I reinforced the mast and boom. I'll most likely need it go get you back aboard. :twisted:

The cheek of it........

I'm in shape........ Round is a shape :wink:

Ken you need to come South and show off your "Aluminium" boat. :P

Tom.
GB32-390

"Little Ship"

Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Postby kdibnah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 am

Them Murricans don't like our plastic folding money, they charge us 10% to use it so if you sneak over the border that would be better. We have gin too, although I'm not aware of a local distillery. We only have medical marijuana, you have to stay in Washington for the good stuff.
kdibnah
Supporting Member

Local Gin

Postby dbyres » Thu May 01, 2014 2:13 am

There are two local distilleries in Vancouver that make great Gin. LongTable distillery is on Hornby Street just a across from Granville Island and up a block or so. Also Odd Society on Powell street makes a Gin and a great vodka as well. If you see me out and about in Adagio this summer flag me down for a Longtable G&T.
dbyres

Postby Bernie Tresner » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:07 pm

I think Tom had a good time in the San Juan's. :lol: We met quite a few GB owners. And many thanks to Xanadu and Brassbounder for their hospitality.

Pictures to follow, when I get them sorted.
Bernie Tresner

GB 32-219
Bernie Tresner

Postby Tom Overs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 am

Bernie Tresner wrote:I think Tom had a good time in the San Juan's. :lol: We met quite a few GB owners. And many thanks to Xanadu and Brassbounder for their hospitality.

Pictures to follow, when I get them sorted.

Bernie, leave the incriminating ones out........or else :P

Tom.
GB32-390

"Little Ship"

Tom Overs
Supporting Member