Weather Routers

Weather Routers

Postby ed taulbee » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 am

Has anyone used a weather router along East Coast/Bahamas that they would recommend?
ed taulbee

Postby CharlieH » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:18 pm

I have used Bob Jones, of Ocean Marine Nav, inc.

It was fascinating to compare his fcst to actual weather we were experiencing on the water. He is exceptional. I learned of him via www.kensblog.com as well as the Voyage of Egret blog that can be located up on the Nordhavn website. Bob makes his living routing voyagers all over the globe. I am a satisfied customer!

You may reach him at (866) 505-6664 or via ocmarnav@aol.com.

Good luck

Charlie
CharlieH
Supporting Member

Postby roger and anne howell » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi,
The weather guru du jour in the Florida/Bahamas area is Chris Parker. He has a Single Sideband broadcast daily (except Sunday) morning and evening and is also available online. You can listen for free, although his rates are not outrageous. He starts with a daily weather prognosis, and then gives custom forecasts for the paying customers. There is usually someone close to you, so you can piggyback on the forecast. We found him to be conservative in his estimates, so the winds were never as strong as forecast. Weather in the Bahamas is a big deal, especially in the Out Islands, as there are few all weather anchorages, which results in a lot of scrambling before a cold front passage. Enjoy your trip.
Roger and Anne
roger and anne howell