1984 Grand Banks 42 Classic for sale

Equipment and vessels for sale.

1984 Grand Banks 42 Classic for sale

Postby DavidDennis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Welcome to Shutterfly, my Grand Banks 42 Classic trawler yacht seriously for sale.

The Grand Banks 42 is legendary for its quality, durability and spaciousness. She has been an exceptionally pleasant and comfortable home for me here in Miami. During her life with me, she has been cruised to the Florida Keys and areas around Miami.

I love Shutterfly, but my life is taking a new direction and so it is time to pass her on to a new owner, who I am sure will find her a source of joy and inspiration, just as I have.

Her 135hp Ford Lehman engines are in excellent condition and ready to go. The 8KW Onan generator was recently repaired and is ready to run the near-new (2014) air conditioning unit and refrigerator. Although the Ford engines are no longer manufacturered, there is excellent support from two companies: American Diesel and Bomac.

I added new electronics in late 2014, featuring a Simrad NSS12 evo2 chartplotter (flybridge), NSS7 chartplotter (lower station) and Simrad 4G radar. Shutterfly also has a Vesper AIS transcever with monochrome display and there is an older Garmin GPS on board. There is a new ICOM VHF radio on the flybridge station.

The anchor was replaced with a brand new Rocna in 2017. The Ideal Windlass was rebuilt in 2014.

Raritan electric head (2014) in aft cabin; Groco manual head in the bow. Battery charger new in 2017.

Systems are generally in very good functioning condition, with the exception of the following: The Raytheon autopilot head unit needs replacement, the icemaker has a leak and the aft Sub Zero freezer refrigerates but does not freeze. The lower station depth sounder and Raytheon radio do not work.

I hope that you will seriously consider Shutterfly as your next adventure and that she brings you great joy.

$95,000 or best offer. Because I want to sell her quickly, I am open to all offers and want to see yours. My plan is essentially an auction; I plan to take the best offer I receive by the end of 2018. So this is probably your best chance to find a Grand Banks in very good condition that needs only your finishing touches to be ready for your adventures!

<b>Details:</b> Shutterfly is in North Miami. I live far from where Shutterfly is docked, so she will most easily be available for viewing on December 22-26 when I am in Miami for Christmas. Please contact me for an
appointment suiting your situation.

Note that in all these pictures, the electronics were stored inside the boat for safety and so they do not appear outside.

Shutterfly is an awesome yacht; give yourself and your loved ones the opportunity of great pleasure and many adventures by contacting me today via text at (561) 602-6893!

More full-sized pictures: https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/miami-1984-grand-banks-42-classic/6777427339.html
DavidDennis