Maine Rendezvous

Maine Rendezvous

Postby Don Meginley » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:41 pm

I have seen a lot of Grand Banks in mid-coast Maine in the last two summers. Perhaps we could have a weekend rendezvous as a special Maine event. I will post this on the NE GB Owners Association as well, but I have a feeling that many of the boats I see in Maine are independent of associations.

If anyone else is interested, I will work to organize it. The weekend of either the 26th of July or 2nd of August would seem about perfect for a Maine event. My initial suggestion for place would be The Basin, off the New Meadows River below Bath, Maine. This is a totally secure place with no waves, no current, good holding ground, and spectacular scenery. It will also hold a lot of boats easily. Other locations suggested by anyone else would also be considered.

This would be an owners event, without support or influence by dealers or manufacturers.

Anyone interested in participating please post back and we will see if we can get this started this year.

I was thinking about boats arriving on Saturday midday or so, rafting up and having visiting back and forth, then anchoring individually for overnight. Perhaps some fun in the morning after and then each on our own after lunch on Sunday. Nothing complicated, just a simple get together of Grand Banks in Maine. ( Grand Banks from anywhere will be welcome).

Hope to hear from others......

Don
Don Meginley
Supporting Member