2008 Puget Sound GB Rendezvous

My contribution to the 2008 redenzvous photo collection

Postby skong_1999 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:45 pm

It took me a year, but here is my contribution to the 2008 Rendezvous photo collection. My excuse for taking so long ... I didn't know we have a 2008 Rendezvous topic here that we can post pictures.

Attached is one my favorite picture from the 2008 Rendezvous. Pen and Kate's wooden GB36-27 right next to Jeff & Susan's AL72-1. One of the oldest and smallest boat next to the newest and biggest.

If you can have either boat for free, which one will you pick ...
Of course I will pick the AL72, then I will sell her, keep the $3,000,000, retire, and cruise the San Juans in my GB36 Classic :-)

If you want to see more pictures Joanne and I took at the 2008 Rendezvous, please click the following link to my facebook album: Grand Banks Rendezvous 2008:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... dc98aec524
Attachments
Picture 049.jpg
Grand Banks 36-27 and Aleutian 72-1
skong_1999
Supporting Member

Postby skong_1999 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

JoMeKe wrote:For those who receive Spray Magazine, one of the feature articles in the latest issue is about Shing Kong whose father was one of the first engineers hired by American Marine. Not only is it an interesting read and an informative piece of GB history, but Shing will be our Thursday speaker for those who arrive early.

I have placed the set of slides and the script I used for the presentation on my facebook. If anyone wants to take a look, just click the following link to my facebook album: Grand Banks History Slide Slow at Rendezvous 2008:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 43e71fcd48

If anyone likes to have any of the .jpg files of the slides, just send me a Private Message with your email address and I can send them to you.

Shing
skong_1999
Supporting Member

Postby Bob Lowe » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Feel free to post the photos and any narrative you may wish under the General Information forums. I'm sure we would all enjoy them.
Good luck,
Bob Lowe
Bob Lowe
Supporting Member

Postby skong_1999 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Bob Lowe wrote:Feel free to post the photos and any narrative you may wish under the General Information forums. I'm sure we would all enjoy them.

Thanks Bob, I have posted it under General Information->Historic Grand Banks Pictures Do you have any old pictures from Oak Harbor Boatwork? I am sure a lot of people will be interested in seeing them too :-)

Thanks,
Shing
skong_1999
Supporting Member