2012 Rendezvous

2012 Rendezvous

Postby Don Prior » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Bjorn

I now think I will make it to the Rendezvous this year.

I signed up today.

Are you going to make it this year??

Now that I have sent my cheque I am sure the weather will clear up and be sunny for the weekend!!

We will be leaving Anacortes about noon on Thursday for a late afternoon arrival. If anyone is taking the inside route through Laconner watch for us around Anacortes. If you overnight in Oak Harbor you will be in Anacortes about noon the next day (for FL 120's) going by Laconner.

JJ, what is your route and departure time??

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby GB42-267 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Unfortunately I've been on the islands of of pineapples and ukuleles since January and will not get home before Thursday or Friday that same week. :( Needless to say, the work I planned on having done this spring didn't happen and my side rails are still in my garage for refinishing.
I plan on coming by car and book a hotel room if I can still get one and things work out. I will know next week if I can get home as planned and try to book a room then. If not, I may do a day trip by car :)

Bjorn M
GB42-267
Supporting Member

Re: 2012 Rendezvous

Postby Tom Overs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:05 am

Don Prior wrote:Bjorn

I now think I will make it to the Rendezvous this year.

Are you going to make it this year??

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa

Don if you had only let me know earlier.

Tom :)
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 am

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved in the Rendezvous this year. I think I maybe speaking for everyone when I say that I had a great time.

I had far too much to drink and eat. It will take me a couple of weeks to dry out and then I will have to go on a diet to remove the doughnuts. I almost stepped off the dock on Friday evening after the wine gathering and we never came close to drinking it all. I assume the remaining bottles were used at the Saturday evening dinner.

The weather was unbelievable (for Washington). The talks were great and other than having guests plug up the forward head (thanks for the plunger Greg) I had no mechanical problems.

I never took any pictures this time so I would appreciate if someone who did take pictures posted them on this forum.

I also request that NW Explorations (Brian, Ken?) post the 10 safety check points mentioned in the light heartened talk on Saturday. This talk was given in a "relaxed" mode but the comment "risk vs consequences" was very serious. Most of those attending recognized all the points made but I must admit I have never checked the shaft bolts. I did check them before I left on Sunday. I would suggest one addition to the things to check would be "count the crew before you leave". I almost left the Admiral on the dock when I pulled out on Sunday. Apparently she was checking something down the dock and no one realized she was not on board.

A great time was had by all.

Again thank you to all the organizers.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby Tom Overs » Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 am

I almost left the Admiral on the dock when I pulled out on Sunday.

Is she speaking to you yet Don :)

I would like to see some photos of the meeting as well, maybe next year I can once again make the trip.

Tom
GB32-390

"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

Tom

No problem. I do not think she realized how close she came to being left behind.

This was a very low key Rendezvous with much more boat socializing and dock walking. Also the tents were on the dock so the lectures were easy to get to. I really liked the format.

I hope someone posts some photos.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Anacortes, Wa.
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Fri May 18, 2012 11:14 am

Don Prior wrote:I also request that NW Explorations (Brian, Ken?) post the 10 safety check points mentioned in the light heartened talk on Saturday.

Don, I'm on it and will post when I get them from Brian. I missed most of the talk myself but enjoyed what I did hear.
Ken Bowles
NW Explorations
Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby grich737 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 am

I thought it was a good Idea to have the talks on the dock also this might also cut down on cost.
grich737
Supporting Member