Aft Shower Pan in a 92 46'cl

Post your photos of Repairs and/or Outfitting projects

Aft Shower Pan in a 92 46'cl

Postby StevenD » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am

Anyone ever take the aft shower pan up? I'm planning on re-plumbing my waste system with pvc pipe in place of the hoses. As posted in another thread, access to the top of the holding tank is less than, well, do-able. My tank is located between the stringers directly under the aft shower, sooo, before I tear into this one, is the shower pan just that, one pan held down with wood trim or is there more that awaits my naive little hands.
This is all happening because the stb fuel tank started leaking. That had me dis-assemble and remove the fuel filters and manifolds, move the generator, to gain access to the tank with a sawzall, which naturally made me separate the gen. side from the engine to have the windings re-coated, because the generator looked like a hunk of tar with all the oil covering it (the pre-lube system was a mess and will not be re-installed).
That went ok with only a few swears and minor back pains.
Then the (ugh) vacu-flush plumbing maze, with its MANY yards of hoses, and one actual 2ft. dia. loop before the vac pump (you can't make this stuff up) not to be confused with the vented loop and I figure with the tank out of the way pvc piping will be far superior and I may go to the princess head and no more vacu-flush.(comments/experience with?)
So, after reading of the corroded pick=up pipe in the holding tank, I think now is the time to tackle this stinky task as well.
Any thoughts comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
(photos to follow)
Steve D
M/V Kumatage
Hobe Sound, Fl.
GB 46 CL
StevenD

Re: Aft Shower Pan in a 92 46'cl

Postby StevenD » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 pm

[attachment=4]resized1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]resize2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]resized5.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]resized8.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]resized9.jpg[/attachment]
Steve D
M/V Kumatage
Hobe Sound, Fl.
GB 46 CL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevenD

Postby westiculo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:18 am

Yikes man,
I'm in an 85 motoyacht. I lifted the shower pan last year. It was just a shower pan with wood trim around it. It was bedded with silicon caulk and fastened down with a crapload of screws. Mine was leaking for who knows how long, it rotted its supports and started drooping, causing it to leak even more. Not a great design.
westiculo

Postby StevenD » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks for that. Starting the tank removal today.
Steve D
M/V Kumatage
Hobe Sound, Fl.
GB 46 CL
StevenD

Postby StevenD » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Ok, the tanks out and now out comes the hose monster.
Steve D
M/V Kumatage
Hobe Sound, Fl.
GB 46 CL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by StevenD on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevenD

Postby Berger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:28 pm

You might want to consider replacing the exhaust hose while you'r at it. A lot easier now.
Berger
Supporting Member

Postby StevenD » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Yup, Exhaust is on the list. Have to do the holding tank pump out pick up[attachment=0]resizedpu.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]exhaustresize.jpg[/attachment] (pu) pun intended, as it's rotted. Not a great design either.
Steve D
M/V Kumatage
Hobe Sound, Fl.
GB 46 CL
StevenD