Lost my flagpole

A good place to post & find information on miscellaneous stuff

Lost my flagpole

Postby pjwhite » Tue May 15, 2018 3:02 pm

I have a 1969 GB32 (hull 164) and due to an unfortunate incident* recently lost my flagpole (the one that mounts on the center of the transom). I could probably buy a replacement from Grand Banks, but I expect it would cost several hundred dollars. I think I could fabricate a new one myself, or with the help of a local woodturner if I had a good set of dimensions. Does anyone have a measured drawing of the standard flagpole for a 32 foot Grand Banks? Or would anyone be willing to take some measurements of their own for me? I would need the overall length, diameters at the head and the foot, the dimensions of the "mushroom" cap, as well as some measurements at regular intervals along the length of the pole.

* Mooring at Ayala Cove: Got the bow line hooked up ok, crouching on the swim platform, reaching for the stern hook with line in one hand, other hand on the flagpole -- suddenly flagpole breaks off at the base, I go in the water and flagpole drifts away, not to be recovered.
pjwhite

Re: Lost my flagpole

Postby kildarian » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:58 pm

PJ
Hope this sketch helps. Suspect it may be a stock item, somewhere!

Martin.

[attachment=0]SCAN0300.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kildarian

Re: Lost my flagpole

Postby pjwhite » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 am

That's great! Thanks a lot!
pjwhite