Raymarine

Tell us about the good & bad experiences you've had with suppliers, equipment, and/or services.

Raymarine

Postby Richard Werner » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I recently purchased a used Raymarine 215 DSC-VHF radio and the mounting bracket was missing.

Raymarine has the part available for a fairly reasonable price of $13.00. But..... Their minimum shipping charge is $40.00. Either they are paying the packing people an amazingly high wage, or they have no interest in selling parts direct to the consumer.

I'm in the process of trying to find the part from a Raymarine dealer.

If this is the standard for customer service, I would not buy any new Raymarine products.

Rich
GB32-277
Richard Werner
Supporting Member

Postby uwhuskies00 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:06 am

We have Raymarine electronics on board and they have been helpful, you may want to check with some local suppliers, fisheries, offshore supp., etc. You may also find the bracket at second wave consignment in fremont.
uwhuskies00
Supporting Member

Postby Marin Faure » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:36 am

You could also call Radar Marine in Bellingham. He's the local Raymarine dealer up there. I don't know anything about him--- we use his competitor, San Juan Electronics. The Radar Marine fellow's been in business for a long time but he apparently does a lot of business so he may have or can get the bracket you need.
Marin
Marin Faure
Supporting Member