Non Skid without Sand or Grit

Tell us about the good & bad experiences you've had with suppliers, equipment, and/or services.

Non Skid without Sand or Grit

Postby Stretch Head » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:25 pm

A friend turned me on to a company that makes incredible products. The owner is a chemist, owns a 96' yacht and is cruising the Mexican waters off Puerto Vallarta at the moment.

They make a product that is very bright and shiny and smooth. When water gets on it, it grips your feet or shoes and is totally non skid. My friend is using it on boat decks with great results. It is colored or white and pours on, trowel it on and it self levels. It has a short pot life so you have to move fast. It will go over painted surfaces or bare wood. It has UV protection and lasts many years. They actually use it on concrete floors too.

The company web page is very busy and cumbersome. I will update this with the product later. I forgot it today. :shock:

http://www.pacpoly.com/

The Elasto-Deck 6500 PT is the coating.
Stretch Head
Supporting Member

Clear Coating Too

Postby Stretch Head » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:29 pm

My friend coated over varnish the clear coating and it is on a sailboat here in Long Beach which gets full sun. It is going on 4 years now with no signs of cracking, fading or pealing.

I have not used it.

I will get the name of the clear coat tomorrow.
Stretch Head
Supporting Member

Postby denogail » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 am

I am interested in reading the product sheet from the web site mentioned, however, I can't seem to download the PDF of the product Elasto-Deck 6500 PT coating. Can anyone else download the sheets or is it just my computer?

DenO
denogail