GB Line discontinued?

Exchanges of whatever comes to mind - not necessarily boat related

GB Line discontinued?

Postby Keith Morris » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 pm

I copied and pasted this from a Facebook page. Does anybody know if this is true?

We attended the Annapolis Boat Show last weekend and went onboard the new EB 60- beautiful boat! HOWEVER....I'm SO confused as what's going on w GB in general- Can somebody confirm what we were told???
So- from what I understand, the boats that made this company famous are no longer being built- at all.....???? Only the BIG Eastbays- and now they're calling it a "Palm Beach Hull"- NOT a "Hunt Hull".... (what's the difference?)
We used to own a 43 EB Flybridge- I guess that the "smaller flybridge" boats are also discontinued.....??
This all makes me very sad. Although the new EB was sleek and nice- it simply wasn't the same quality feel of the "old guys"- nowhere even close....
Disappointing
What HAPPENED to GB???
Keith
Keith Morris
Supporting Member

Postby gsanchez » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 am

I believe it is true.

In their website they only show two models: the Eastbay 44 and a Grand Banks 60 which is a new design. They also mention a Grand Banks 52 coming next year.
Gilberto
gsanchez
Supporting Member

Postby Keith Morris » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 am

Wow. :?
Keith
Keith Morris
Supporting Member

Postby Stretch Head » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:57 pm

We own rare boats that are getting more rare by the year
Capt Head
GB42-17 Classic Cockpit Model

My personal Banned List; All Polyester resins, Silicone, Bondo and sea sick crew.
Stretch Head
Supporting Member

Re: GB Line discontinued?

Postby f. Lee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Copied from their web site today.

New Direction

As innovators in yacht design and construction, we are constantly moving forward with new ideas and techniques to drive the industry with our products. Our focus in recent years has seen us move to the forefront of speed and efficiency, while perfecting our construction techniques to deliver better yachts, that are durable against the elements, and can take on nature like never before. Our goal is to deliver the best ride of any yacht, of any size, while also bringing all the trademark comfort and style that Grand Banks has always been loved for.
f. Lee