One bung....

Exchanges of whatever comes to mind - not necessarily boat related

One bung....

Postby Tom Overs » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Well as you may have seen, Little Ship is back in the water for the summer. First night on board and the weather Gods decided we needed some rain.

I was woken this morning around 06.00 with a drip on my arm.??? Yep, that's it, got a leak over my bunk :? On investigation you would have thought there was a bloody great hole in the deck..... Nope, one deck bung on the corner had come out, probably with being dry in the shed over the winter.

Clean it out, mix a little epoxy and bang a new bung in...... Job done. Now all I have to do is refit the head lining and replace the trims. It's now pouring down and alls well over my bunk again :P

Tom
PS. Hope you all keep dry.
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Re: One bung....

Postby Tom Overs » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:57 am

Ok, let's talk warm or even hot weather.
After my episode with the deck bung we have had some really pleasant weather in Scotland. Actually warmer for a longer period than we are use to. Unfortunately I wasn't on the boat.... Typical!!
On returning to the boat we had "Hector" the storm come through, storm force 10 at the Isle of Mann and 8-9 where I'm berthed.
All the hot weather and not being on the boat to soak the deck with salt water every day has dried out the deck, this is something that I've never had problems with before, the joys of a cooler climate.
I've now got several seams that have pulled and need sorting as I've now once again got a drip over my bunk. It was so bad last week I had to move into the main cabin to sleep.
Looks like I've got some work to do this summer, not something I normally get involved with during the cruising season. :?

Tom.
GB32-390

"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member