Engine warning light panel replacement

For Grand Banks, Alaskans, East Bay & Aleutian Yachts

Engine warning light panel replacement

Postby chuck » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Has anyone replaced all of the original indicator panel lights with newer style bulbs or perhaps replaced the entire panel in one or both locations in a 1990's vintage Grand Banks? If so, do you still have either the original lenses or the complete original panel carefully preserved in a locker somewhere? if so, I would be very interested in hearing from you as the lenses on the flybridge unit are cracking and disintegrating, probably due to sunlight and the passage of time.
I should note that this is a follow up question to my post Re: Amber Indicator lenses earlier this month. The panel replacement concept was in my previous thread but was a late thought and may not have been noticed by many readers. I had two excellent suggestions from my earlier post (thank you both) and each involves the replacement of the socket and light with an led light that would permanently solve the problem, except one thing could lead to another and I would want to replace all of the original lights, over time. Once the original bulbs fail it's extremely difficult to remove them and then find the appropriate replacements, as any of you who have experienced this know well.
chuck
Supporting Member