Freezer drain in EB47?

For Grand Banks, Alaskans, East Bay & Aleutian Yachts

Freezer drain in EB47?

Postby wkearney99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 am

Does anyone know where the drain from the freezer in an Eastbay comes out? This being the chest in the corner of the galley counter. Adler Barbour setup if I recall correctly.

The DC power went out this past week in the freezer defrosted. This has left two bags of ice worth of water in the bottom of the freezer. I unscrewed the drain plug that's in the freezer but the water is not draining.

I happened to have a 12in zip tie on board and used that to feel down into the drain tube. It got just about to the end of the zip tie and seems to have met with some sort of obstruction.

There is zero accessibility to the bottom of the freezer from the galley. I'd have to do something like remove the entire refrigerator or the stove to get to it. There's also no line of sight from the access hatch in the galley floor above the port side water tank. The Galley is forward of the engine room bulkhead and I don't recall ever seeing an unexplained drain tube or valve down there.

Anyone else drained their counter corner freezer and have suggestions?
wkearney99

Re: Freezer drain in EB47?

Postby Bob Jack » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 pm

My freezer on our 42 Europa drains into the drain pipe for the galley sink. Perhaps the connection between the two is blocked.
Bob Jack