Headliner cleaning

For Grand Banks, Alaskans, East Bay & Aleutian Yachts

Headliner cleaning

Postby tomdove » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm

We recently bought a nicely restored 1977 GB 32 Sedan and like it very much. The perforated vinyl headliner is dirty and streaked -- it may even be the original one. My wife is getting pretty exasperated trying to clean it. Some products increase the streaking, some leave a residue, but nothing really works well.

Is there some way to get the headliner uniformly clean? Replacing it looks like a big job.

-- Tom Dove
GB 32 #599 (currently named TERN)
tomdove

Postby Marin Faure » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:30 pm

We've had pretty good luck removing stains from our 1973 headliner with a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
Marin
Marin Faure
Supporting Member

Postby Fboykin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

I bought a used 2000 GB 42 back in October and the aft headliner had lots of stains on it. I read somewhere that ZCare LVP Marine Boat Cleaner was great for stuff like that (& lots of other uses too) so I got some and it really did a great job cleaning the headliner. Good stuff! I got mine on Amazon for about 16 bucks a spray bottle. Definitely worth trying!
Fboykin

Postby Fboykin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

I bought a used 2000 GB 42 back in October and the aft headliner had lots of stains on it. I read somewhere that ZCare LVP Marine Boat Cleaner was great for stuff like that (& lots of other uses too) so I got some and it really did a great job cleaning the headliner. Good stuff! I got mine on Amazon for about 16 bucks a spray bottle. Definitely worth trying!
Fboykin